[SEL] Rock Crusher

Glenn Karch glenn.karch at att.net
Wed Sep 24 13:27:51 PDT 2008

Andy, etc.\\

I think we should go for it.

Glenn

----- Original Message ----
From: Andy Glines <andyglines at hotmail.com>
To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 1:58:53 PM
Subject: Re: [SEL] Rock Crusher

Sounds like a good deal to me.  This machine sounds similar to the one used at the Pioneer Engineer's show in Rushville, IN.  They ran the crusher with a Farmall regular this year and it was not working hard at all.  I think that a stationary engine could probably run a crusher like this especially if fed slowly.  Rock crushers make a neat demonstration - much more interesting than seeing an engine sitting their popping on occasion.> > Message: 8> Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:05:50 -0400> From: Michael Tucker <oldironnut at alltel.net>> Subject: [SEL] Rock Crusher> To: The SEL email discussion list <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>> Message-ID: <F763360D-CEA8-4100-80D5-26673AE8CB22 at alltel.net>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed; delsp=yes> > Howdy all,> > My father-in-law, Roger, has found a New Holland #12 rock crusher that > is about to go to the scrap yard. He will probably go to take a look > at it tomorrow but here is the
 description that he has. It we!
ighs > 2700 pounds and the legs for the base are about 4 feet square, it has > two, 3.5 to 4 foot flywheels with one of the flywheels being the drive > pulley as well (it's about a 6 inch face) and the rock crusher hopper > part is roughly 18 inches square. The guy is willing to hold onto it > for a few days before it goes to the scrap yard and he wants $270 for > it ($0.10/pound for cast iron scrap price).> > I assume something like this would be driven by a tractor so how big > of a tractor would it take?> > Is anyone interested in this beast? If so we can get it and hold it > until you can come and get it. If you are we probably need to act > quickly.> > See ya',> Mike> ______________________> Michael Tucker> 400 Sellers Mill Road> Versailles, Kentucky 40383> 859-879-2108