[SEL] Rock Crusher

Michael Tucker oldironnut at alltel.net
Tue Sep 23 12:05:50 PDT 2008

Howdy all,

My father-in-law, Roger, has found a New Holland #12 rock crusher that
is about to go to the scrap yard.  He will probably go to take a look
at it tomorrow but here is the description that he has.  It weighs
2700 pounds and the legs for the base are about 4 feet square, it has
two, 3.5 to 4 foot flywheels with one of the flywheels being the drive
pulley as well (it's about a 6 inch face) and the rock crusher hopper
part is roughly 18 inches square.  The guy is willing to hold onto it
for a few days before it goes to the scrap yard and he wants $270 for
it ($0.10/pound for cast iron scrap price).

I assume something like this would be driven by a tractor so how big
of a tractor would it take?

Is anyone interested in this beast?  If so we can get it and hold it
until you can come and get it.  If you are we probably need to act
quickly.

See ya',
Mike
Michael Tucker