[SEL] J.B. Castagnos, where are you

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Sat Sep 13 08:12:11 PDT 2008

Thanks for checking Elden, everyone in the old engine group is OK. We got power at the shop and homeafter 9 days, both are on the main line, many of the farther out customers will be weeks away. The utility workers from acroos the nation are doing a great job, things are a mess. They had to evacuate for Ike, even though it's hitting Texas, things got a little rough here. They are living in a tent city at the old WalMart parking lot, one of the tents went down. I had a tree through the roof of one of my buildings at the shop, house is fine, a tree took out the fence. Our municipal water comes from Bayou Lafourche, my house is on the bature. It was dammed around 1900 to prevent flooding, water is now pumped in from the Mississippi. The pumps were shut down for the hurricane and there were  a lot of trees blown into the byou. The diesel pumps were started but water was slow flowing and the vegetation in the water turned it dark. Yesterday tap water looked like tea and orders were given to boil before use, it's geting beter looking today. Southeast Louisiana is experiencing flooding from the storm surge, two of the guys with us at Portland, Eddie Leblanc and Buzz Bradley will likely be affected.
J.B. Castagnos
Belle Rose, LA