[SEL] Engines at State Archives

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Sat Sep 13 00:04:13 PDT 2008

Hi all
Just found by accident and probably you Aussie collectors already know about
it, a web site called Picture Australia which is linked the NSW State
Library and others.
I did a search on Moffat Virtue and found this page:
http://www.pictureaustralia.org/apps/pictureaustralia?term1=moffat+virtue&loc1=&attribute1=any+field&op6=and&mode=search

One of the photos is this one, it is a large photo but take the time to load
it if on Dialup (200Kb) and read carefully the sign on the engine in the
cage.
Balanced on four glasses only and not bolted down and running. I have one of
these V2 2hp MV engines which were only offered for a few years before the
V3 series MV engines in 2 1/4hp & 3hp took over. My little 2hp also runs
like a clock, so does the V3 3hp.
http://libapp.sl.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/spydus/RECOPT/PM/FULL1/810/35259,1?http://image.sl.nsw.gov.au/hood/313/31389h.jpg

Also searches on other models below take you to the Victorian State Library,
The War Memorial site, South Australian Library etc:
Baltic Simplex Engine
Ronaldson Tippett Engine
Crossley Engine
Sundial  Engine (heaps of photos)
Rosebery Engine
Buzacott Engine
Lister  Engine (1918 war in Palestine)
IHC engine
and you can find the rest, the spelling and search is exact so be careful
how you search, try differences, singualr and plural for engine/s

Peter, Oz