[SEL] Rusty Iron Rally

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Sep 7 21:24:40 PDT 2008

I am starting to recover from a big weekend at the Rusty Iron Rally. Ron &
Liz travelled up with me in the Navara with the YC Stover in tow. We had
over 6 hours of driving in torrential rain we arrived and thought of heading
home again without unloading. During dinner that night the rain cleared and
the weather was stunning all weekend.
Even though it was well tarped with Stover ended up with about a litre of
water in the fuel tank! Once the water was drained the engine was running OK
but would mysteriously stop. I found that the adjusting screw had stipped on
the Webster so I fixes it with a couple of lock nuts. The engine was still
not running right but Edd quickly diagnosed the problem as a slightly weak
spring on the Webster trip. This was quickly fixed and the engine gave no
further trouble.
A great weekend was had by all even though numbers were down due to the
terrible rain through NSW and Qld, but none fell at Macksville the whole
weekend!
I have put some pictures up at:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/ri08/index.htm

Patrick M Livingstone