[SEL] First solid-injection Diesel (U.S. and Europe)

Paul Evans paul at internalfire.com
Wed Sep 3 12:19:39 PDT 2008

Listerdiesel wrote:
> It depends a lot on which country. I believe that Mirrlees Bickerton &
> Day made the first in the UK and 3rd in total,

That was blast injection not solid.

Goldingham refers to a solid injection engine running in the UK in 1912
but the earliest production engine I know of is the 1917 Vickers marine
engine with common rail. We have hundreds of books from the period
through to post-war but none of them agree on anything :-)

I believe the first full production solid injection in the US was the
1919 Worthington two-cycle but am sure someone will know better!

Paul

--

Internal Fire Museum of Power

Castell Pridd, Tanygroes, Ceredigion, Wales, UK SA43 2JS

http://www.internalfire.com

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.