[SEL] ENGINE DATES

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Wed Oct 29 14:31:27 PDT 2008

Kevin ,re the Ruston Hornsby SPB...........I have a list that was originaly
compiled by Pat O'Brien who was the register for these engines .The current
register I think is Tom Linguard .Tom used to reside in WA but I have no
idea where he now lives...some one will know.

Pat believed that engine numbering started at number 501 but he gives no
dates.
My list starts at No 521and goes through to S1387.It does not run
concurrently and there are quite a lot of gaps.Those listed are complete
with the owner and state of restoration at the time.
As a matter of interest my engine is S670 .I know the owner who passed it on
to me and he has given me the full background history .It is interesting as
it came from and old homestead in the Fitzgerald River National Park ,spent
some time at Bremmer Bay and finally made it back to Qualup ,then to
Kendernup and then to me in Albany.
Apparently there is a story in TOMMS Number 22 ,April 89 which may help you.