[SEL] OT, stobie poles

Peter Lowe plowe at exemail.com.au
Tue Oct 28 14:21:01 PDT 2008

The reason that photo looks so spectacular is that the Ferrari has its
engine in the back. So until it hit the fire wall it was only going through
tin plate, fibre glass and steering components.
Still, I would not like to be a passenger !!!!

Now this pictures shows how weak the power poles really are ;-)))) forget
the story line as it has changed meaning many times on the internet, the
pictures are real.
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://officespam.chattablogs.com/archives/Ferrari-Engine-7-thumb.jpg&imgrefurl=http://officespam.chattablogs.com/archives/2007/03/dad-can-i-borrow-the-car.html&h=428&w=640&sz=72&hl=en&start=11&usg=__Bka4yf2LFIOc1lZ40igxIrq1avc=&tbnid=rcjhH0kzC1oPvM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dferrari%2Bengine%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dig

www.wreckedexotics.com

When Kaye and I were driving from San Francisco to Rob & Kelley's in Los
Angeles, a Ferrari and a Mercedes convertible were road racing and passed us
like a scud missile. The noise was great from those V8 or V12 ??? engines.
They over took us and about 10 other cars in a straight line and then over a
blind crest. The older drivers that were being over taken in front of us
were so frightened by the experience, half of them pulled over to the side
of the road to check their pacemakers.

Peter, Oz