[SEL] Old Iron Rebuild

Dave Croft dave.croft at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 2 12:10:44 PDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Willman" <blcksmth at wcnet.org>
To: "'The SEL email discussion list'" <sel at lists.stationary-engine.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 5:42 PM
Subject: Re: [SEL] Old Iron Rebuild

I am in the process of putting together a lineshaft driven
blacksmith shop driven by a 25hp Superior type C gas engine. Other than the
engine, which right now is not running very well, the latest project is
belting up a camel back drill press that had been converted to electric
drive. The tight pulley / free pulley clutch was missing and I am in the
process of making the pulleys and the belt shifting mechanism. The guide
support for the shift rod is still there as is the lower jack shaft with
step pulleys. I am using a split wooden pulley with a split steel bushing
for the tight pulley and a one piece wooden pulley with delrin bushing for
the free pulley. Some day I might get it finished.
Bob Willman

I just found 3 pictures I took 20 years ago in a cycle repair shop where the owner had just died.
see http://s411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/DaveCroft/?action=view&current=overheadfastloose.jpg
(First time I have tried using Photobucket so I hope it works)!
I bought & resold all the drills etc.
You can see how the lever moved two seperated rollers on pins to move the belt from side to side!
Dave Croft
Warrington
http://www.oldengine.org/members/croft/
http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv