[SEL] OT: House Rebuild

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 00:04:23 PST 2008

Hi Guys & Gals:

Sorry to be a bit out of touch over the past few days, we have just
had the roof off the whole of the house, and a new one is being built
as I type.

We have the rearmost section of the house still in use, but as the
bathroom and our bedroom are in the older section, we have had to
sleep under canvas (actually blue engine sheets!) for the past few
nights, and using the bathroom is a little chilly in the morning!

The crane and the new roof trusses arrived at 07.45 yesterday morning,
and by 10.30 we had the new trusses in place. By 16.30 they had all
been fixed into place and roofing felt put over, with sheets covering
the gable ends, which have to be rebuilt (the old structure was almost
all wooden)

The big advantage of the new roof is that is will give us a 16ft
square 'room' in the attic for storage, something we didn't have with
the old house as the roof was 'very' unconventional.

We have a series of pictures of the work and will post them on the
websites as soon as we have time.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes