[SEL] Austral spanners (for the aussies)

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 24 21:19:21 PST 2008

Hi again. A quick look through the books has not revealed anything about
what tools were shipped with the engine. Most of the price lists simply say
'tools' are shipped with the engine. There is a note by Peter in the
Register stating that the 'Snail' brand spanners usually had 'Made in
England' on the reverse side.

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html

  _____

Hi Chester,

            I don't remember seeing a list of what tools were shipped with
the engines but I will look through my material and see what is there. I
suspect they would have been shipped with the appropriate sizes to deal with
bolts and nuts that needed occasional adjusting, such as bearing caps &
possibly one for the wheel stays.

Patrick

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html

  _____

Hi guys, can anyone tell me what size snail brand spanners came with a 8hp
Austral originally, cheers from West Aussie,

Chester.