[SEL] Old vehicle questions. OT

jlb94 at juno.com jlb94 at juno.com
Fri Nov 14 07:57:08 PST 2008

1) When setting toe in, where is the dimension taken from?
=        =        =        =        =        =        =        =
Hi Curt,
On my '72 Ford F-250 4x4,  I've always measured toe-in from the inside of
the tires at the highest point of the sidewall.

I don't know where I got the specs of 1/8" because it's been a long time
since I looked that kind of stuff up.

If you set your toe in at that, and notice uneven wear or hard steering.
Then - - - Experiment.

If your tie-rod ends are anything like mine it's nothing to adjust a turn
in or out.

I can't help on the dust caps.

 Joe "Pip" Betz said that.
 jlb94 at juno.com - - - www.oldengine.org/members/betz
   ,-._,-.      http://community.webshots.com/user/pipbetz
   \/)"(\/       " Keep Pennsylvania beautiful" -
   (_o_)        Ban large pumpkin colored highway signs.