[SEL] United engine questions

fero_ah at city-net.com fero_ah at city-net.com
Wed Nov 12 21:31:37 PST 2008

Hi Joe,

I think "United" was a marketing brand for Associated engines.
You really need to get a copy of "AMANCO ENGINES The Story of Associated
Manufacturers' Company Ltd." by David Edgington.  It's an excellent reference
for the Associated / United engine owner.
http://www.stationaryenginebooks.co.uk/amanco.htm

Send me your snail off list and I'll copy some interesting old United literature
that may be useful to you.  There's also a bloke who's doing a United engine
register.  I don't know if he's still on the list.  I have his contact info at
home.

I've got a 3-1/2 hp United Type A throttle-governed kero burner.  It's still in
the "project" category.

See ya,  Arnie