[SEL] Finding ground off serial numbers

Peter Scales peter at loud-n-clear.net
Thu Nov 6 13:48:48 PST 2008

Hi Peter

I'd guess and say that it wouldn't - hard-stamping of serial numbers deforms
the grain of the metal, rather than fracturing it.  Dye pen needs a fracture
or surface-breaking discontinuity to work.  It gets dragged into cracks by
capillary action, like tea goes up a sugar lump :)

All the best

     Pete
--
Peter Scales