[SEL] Finding ground off serial numbers

S. Work endacomm10 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 03:04:20 PST 2008

Hi Guy.. Sorry to interupt, But from Here Ga.USA the link is dead.

Peter Scales <peter at loud-n-clear.net> wrote:
  Hi Peter

This may also be of interest:
http://www.substech.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=etching_metallographic_specimen

"For aluminum and its alloys:
Keller's reagent: 1volume part of hydrofluoric acid, 1.5 volume part of
hydrochloric acid, 2.5 volume parts of nitric acid, 95 volume parts water.

Etching time: 10-20 sec."

Hydrofluoric acid is horrible stuff - DO NOT get any on you! The medical
treatment for contamination with hydrofluoric acid is amputation of the
affected parts....

Regards

Pete
--