[SEL] Petter Help Needed

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 00:41:04 PST 2008

On 05/11/2008, David Rotigel <rotigel at alltel.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
> 	I have a friend who just obtained a Petter Type PJ1 diesel engine.
> The S/N is 7294/PJ1. It's a 10 HP and he wants to get it running in
> order to hook it up to a generator for his shop. Any information
> (particularly a copy of the manual for the engine) would sure be
> appreciated!
> 	Dave

There's a data sheet here, 2 pages:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/PetterData/PetterPJ1.htm

Manual here from a bookseller in TX:

PETTER DIESEL ENGINES TYPES PJ1 AND PJ2 - OPERATORS HANDBOOK
Petters Limited.
Bookseller: ReRun Books,
115 W Southmore Ave,
Pasadena, TX 77502.
713-477-5554

Price: US$ 19.99
Quantity: 1 	Shipping within U.S.A.: US$ 4.00

Book Description: Great Britain Petters Limited N.D. Good+. Slight
water damage on the bottom of the pages but still a good working copy.
; Illustrations, fold-out chart, index. Limited instructions in
French, German, and Spanish. Publication no. 8027/5; 140 pages. First
Edition. Binding is Softcover; First Printing. Bookseller Inventory #
690

That should sort him out.

Peter
--