[SEL] Picture check

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:46:04 PST 2008

On 05/11/2008, rdhaskell at juno.com <rdhaskell at juno.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I have a couple of old catalogs with engine related parts.  I scanned a
> couple of pages and put them on my Picasa page.  I am sure they would be
> better in PDF format but as of now it is beyond me.  If you have time
> check and see if they are readable.  Thanks.

The full-size images probably are OK, but visitors to the Picasa site
don't appear to have the option of viewing that, only the thumbnail.

PDF format is not especially 'better' than a jpeg, what you get out is
what you put in, you just need to clean the image up before you get
into its final format.

We scan at 300dpi, clean it up, save as a TIFF file for archiving,
then reduce and save as a jpeg for web use. Gives us two copies, one
is a high-quality TIFF with no compression losses, and one as a jpeg.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com