[SEL] Petter PU8 4kW 110V DC Searchlight Generator

Kerry ozengine at optusnet.com.au
Sat May 31 15:17:14 PDT 2008

G'Day Peter

I have a PU8 motor unit only not fitted with a generator see
http://www.oldengine.org/members/kmorris/Photos/Petter.JPG
I have an original manual that I could copy and snail if it will help but
nothing on the generator.

The story of mine and a second unit a mate got is that a bloke and his
brother lives in the mountains in a somewhat lost beautiful valley, not hill
billy stuff and come to town once a week, anyway they had bought the two
units from army surplus wore one unit out (mine) and still using the other
with an old 12v car generator tied to the frame and a V belt to the motor
unit, they then run a 12v cable into their house/shack for lighting, when we
got the units they bought a Honda motor unit only and again strapped the old
generator on it as " it works just fine don't need anything else".

Kerry