[SEL] Another "Tod Engine Project"

Tod Engine Foundation rowlands1941 at roadrunner.com
Thu May 29 01:59:21 PDT 2008

Reminiscent of the Tod Engine Project of twelve years ago ( has it been THAT
LONG!) I now again find myself deep in the bowels of a steel mill wrestling
with parts from another of Mr. William Tod's creations.

This time, instead of saving an entire 260 ton cross compound rolling mill
engine, I am trying to save a few parts from an even larger 1000 ton twin
tandem compound reversing engine before it goes to scrap.

I have posted to Harry's Old Engine with a bit more info. and a few pictures
of this engine.

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?p=306522#post306522

Rick Rowlands
Executive Director
Tod Engine Foundation
"Preserving Youngstown's Steel Industry Heritage"
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-272-4089
www.todengine.org