[SEL] Jefferson Electric Coil.

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Wed May 28 15:15:45 PDT 2008

Hello All,
I was hoping to get some info as to the useage of this coil with pic links
below. Is it a spark coil for engines or some other use?  Its only Marking
other then the Jefferson Electric Mfg. Co Chicago Ill. brass tag is A 403 6
volts on the metal base and A 403 COIL on the paper? wrap of the
windings.  It stands about 6" tall overall. I thought it was a gas engine
ignition coil at first but I am having some doubts about that now.
Can anyone provide any info?
  I didn't know there was a web site on Jefferson Electric till I went
looking for info to identify the useage of this coil. Someone probably has
it book marked on one of the many members links pages but Check out
http://www.roger-russell.com/jeffers/jeffers.htm

Then see the coil I am asking about .             TTYL,   Mark

http://www2.wcoil.com/~frappi/jec1.jpg
http://www2.wcoil.com/~frappi/jec2.jpg
http://www2.wcoil.com/~frappi/jec3.jpg
http://www2.wcoil.com/~frappi/jec4.jpg