[SEL] Donaldson Oil-Bath air filter 'headers' needed.

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue May 20 12:56:41 PDT 2008

We've got a pair of brand new Donaldon air cleaners for the Cat
engines. They are conventional type with the oil reservoir at the
bottom, retained by a circular clip, inlet is on the top and the
outlet to the engine is on the side.

On most applications, these would have had a 'mushroom' header on the
inlet so that bits and pieces and rain didn't get in. Sometimes the
inlet would be taken elsewhere via a flexible hose. I recollect
vehicles in the USA having these out on the bonnet (hood) of the truck
on one side, particularly construction trucks and utility vehicles.

We are looking for a couple of the mushroom headers, and I've tried to
find a picture or details on Donaldson's website, but they seem to
have gone over to dry filters these days.

The filter type is very similar to ebay # 120184524839 but ours are in
better condition and boxed.

The cap we need is something like ebay # 120215289926, but there are
also 'chamfered top' types with finning inside the cap which I think
are what we need. The pipe that the cap fits to is 2" diameter.

If I find a decent picture, I'll post it here.

Thanks,

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes