[SEL] Mt Wilson Fairbanks Morse - Gas Engine Mag

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Fri May 16 13:04:30 PDT 2008

I was delighted to see the Fairbanks Morse 50 HP engine on the cover
of Gas Engine Magazine.

I am one of many that Larry Evans has introduced to the engine. He is
a great host and the rest of the Mt Wilson Observatory Is also a
antique mechanical wonder.  Larry mentions in the article how they
had to protect the DC switch gear, that is because much of the
observatory is still 120 VDC and most of the switch gear is wide open
knife switches ETC.  See more of the engine at his web site.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/levans/  It is a great engine, and
not a bad hot water heater.

I highly recommend the article and a visit.

Frank