[SEL] Auction Results

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Sun May 4 11:16:38 PDT 2008

Hey Rob, I bought 2 of them for less than $500 each so I couldn't say no
to them!  Evidently the largest Geiser dealer was located in Nashville,
TN.  I've gotten 5 out of TN with sizes ranging from 2 HP (that I still
have) to 16 HP (that I traded off).  I've got a 4 HP that came from
about 15 miles from my home.  The gent gave it to me but thinking it was
a 6 HP Z Fairbanks Morse (a hard lesson learned as I never went and
looked at the engine), I gave him the name of some guys who were new to
collecting as I was sure they would really love to have it.  After they
brought it home (and I spent a day crying after I saw it), I had to
begin trying to trade them out of it.  Its a dandy engine, original pin
stripes, etc.  Sadly, I traded off what was probably the best original
portable there is.  Sam Harmon has it now and if anyone has been to his
place and seen the dandy 6 HP portable, that used to be in my barn (and
wished it still was!).

Tommy Turner