[SEL] New toy

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Fri May 2 03:33:38 PDT 2008

In a message dated 4/30/2008 10:36:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
randmingold at hotkey.net.au writes:

Over  here, the attendance at shows is dropping. Both by the public and
exhibitors.
Soon enough we will be back to the days of a few playing  together in small
local groups.

Reg,

I think you are right on your observations.  I have seen the  attendance
falling at shows too.  Went to our first show of the spring last  Saturday and
noticed the exhibitors and lookers were considerably down.   The large increase
in gas prices is certainly going to be a deterrant.   Also, I believe that the
peak has been reached for the shows in general.   The internet certainly
helped the movement upwards for many years, but is headed  down.  That can be
readily seen from the much shortened SEL list.

Tom  Schmutz
Concord,  Va.
germaoamer at AOL.com

favorites at AOL Food.