[SEL] O.T. IHC Truck question

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Wed Mar 19 10:57:40 PDT 2008

Hi Guys,
         Sorry about the "Off Topic" post (again) but I know from
experience that the members of these lists have a combined "knowledge pool"
greater than all other lists combined. Not only that but, they're also the
most helpful guys I know.

         I have a friend who has an IHC pickup/truck/ute/bakkie (depending
on your language). It's about 3/4 ton.

         He's been asking me for ages to do some signs for the doors but is
being quite specific - his brief is as follows:

"When this truck was new it had a very old sign on the door which I took
photographs of but which I currently cannot find.  It was a circular sign
and it said something like "International Harvester Field
Service".   Obviously this truck was used by International Harvester to
provide on farm service.  You might want to do a bit of research on this
and if you can come up with what appears to be the right signage (if you
send it to me I will recognise it) and then I will get you to make special
decals for it.  In the meantime I will see if I can find these photographs
which cannot be far away."

         Can any of you super knowledgeable members help me out here with
pics or even a description of what this signage may possibly have looked like.

         I know it's a "long shot" but I'd appreciate any input. If anyone
can help, it's you guys.

         Thanks in advance.

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans