[SEL] Engine problems

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Mon Mar 17 08:57:13 PDT 2008

Jim:

Thanks for the information.  I had about the same symptoms with my 2 HP Jack of All Trades.  It's battery and coil but it got sorry at a show and I fiddled with it for a while before I took the ignitor out.

The points had slowly burned to where they would barely close.  A trip to the junk compartment of the tool box and I got a couple of 6-32 screws and some nuts and a file and made a new set.  The engine ran fine afterwards and the junk points are still in there.

Take care - Elden