[SEL] Air compressor motors

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Tue Mar 11 06:27:28 PDT 2008

Hi Ron, That is not a centrifugal unloader thats pressure actuated.
If you want to install an idler device they are available. We keep them in
stock. If your unloader has a tank pressure port that opens when the unit
reaches pressure you install a air actuated cylinder with a throttle cable
linked to the carburetor.                TTYL,  Mark

At 08:59 PM 3/10/08, you wrote:

>Hi Arnie,
>
>The unloaders are available.  I have a compressor run by a 5 HP  Briggs.  The
>engine runs continually, with the unloader opening when tank  pressure is
>achieved.  What it doesn't have is an idler device.  Wish  it did.
>Ron
>

>In a message dated 3/10/2008 7:41:41 P.M. Central Standard Time,
>fero_ah at city-net.com writes:
>
>Hi  Peter,
>
>Way back in the 1920's the Fero Air Pump featured a centrifugal  unloader to
>avoid the "starting against tank pressure" problem.  I'm  really surprised
>that
>"modern" air compressors wouldn't do the  same.
>
>See ya,  Anrie
>

>**************It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money &
>Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark