[SEL] Air compressor motors

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Mon Mar 10 07:19:14 PDT 2008

This motor is not suitable to replace the motor he has or he needs. The
motor he needs is going to be in the $300-$400- price range. No exceptions
unless its a cheap China motor. Because in reality the 5 hp motor he needs
produces more HP then the 6 hp sold thru Harbor
freight.               TTYL,  Mark

At 06:31 AM 3/10/08, you wrote:
>Tony harbor freight had a 6 hp motor on sale last week for $189.99.
>Have one on the shelf just in case
>R Fink
>PA
>

>At 12:19 PM 3/9/2008 -0600, you wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >I know this is off topic, but it relates to one of the tools used in
> >restoring old engines, so that's close.
> >
> >I attended a nearby community sale yesterday and ended up dragging
> >home a huge behemoth of an air compressor.  It's a Curtis 2-stage, 80
> >gallon upright.  It wasn't until I got it home and unloaded it that I
> >realized the motor on it is 3 PHASE.  I can't run 3 phase in my
> >garage, so if anyone has a single phase motor that would work for
> >this application, I would be interested in buying or trading for this
> >3 phase unit.  The motor is rated at 5 HP.  I don't know much about
> >the particulars of electric motors, but I'm guessing I'd probably
> >need a single phase motor with more HP than the 3 phase motor I'd be
> >swapping out...  Can anyone confirm that?  Here is some of the
> >information on the motor tag:
> >
> >Frame- 184T
> >Horsepower- 5
> >Volts- 208-230/460
> >Amps- 14.8-14/7
> >RPM- 1725
> >NEMA nom eff. 81.5%
> >Rating- 400 AMB-Cont.
> >PF- 80%
> >
> >I'd also be interested in trading the whole compressor unit for a
> >complete single phase unit if anyone is looking to upgrade.  I do not
> >need a compressor this large, but I got a pretty good deal on it, so
> >I bought it anyway.  I won't need anything more than a 60 gallon
> >single stage for my uses.  I can provide pics of the motor or the
> >whole compressor if anyone is interested.
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >--
> >Tony Kimmell
> >Bloomington, IL

> >3/7/2008 2:01 PM
> >

> >--

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark