[SEL] FLV format: was Portland 2007 Video Clips

Al Harris alharris44 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 13:51:58 PDT 2008

Everybody,

IMHO wmv & flv files are primarily for "real time/streaming"
viewing and are designed accordingly (speed, size), therefore
they do not have the same bells and whistles as "quality"
based formats (xvid, mov, avi [most wrappers] etc).

I have found that a combination of two reprocessors (below)
that I use, give me good quality image and smaller file size
from my cameras (Kodak/Pentax).

Super.exe (from eRightSoft)

> http://www.erightsoft.com/home.html

VirtualDubMod.exe

> http://files.filefront.com/VirtualDubModexe/;8399394;/fileinfo.html

And here's a standalone FLV Player if someone wants one.

> http://files.filefront.com/flvplayerexe/;9159129;/fileinfo.html

Cheers,
Al Harris