[SEL] right place right time

Lyndsay Frazer frazerlyndsay at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 14:51:38 PST 2008

Well done mate. They are a beautiful engine. Sorry I missed you at the swap. I think you were off doing the deal when I was at your site. Looking forward to pics.
Regards.Lyndsay. > Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 21:52:05 +1100> To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com> From: russell at ncable.com.au> Subject: [SEL] right place right time> > Went to the Ballarat swap a couple of weeks ago. No big plans to > purchase anything but rather enjoy the socail side of meeting and > chatting to likeminded engine men. A mate of mine asked if I could > drive him to a small town about a hour away from Ballarat to pick up > some tractor parts he was after. An interesting long story made short > was I asked the tractor guy if he had any engines for sale and before > you know it I have purcahsed 6.5hp Walker Star engine No815. I > couldn't believe my ears when he said he had no interest 9n the > engine and if I wanted it it was XXXDollars. I reasonable price for > sure. These are a girder frame engine and run very well. This old > girl looked to be in pretty good nick but deffinately needing some > tinkering. Well got it home and the word was out quick, a mate came > around and talked me into working on it. Well the two of us spent > about 3 hours Saturday last and bugger me if we did'nt get it running > that day. I don't have photos up yet. It still needs plenty of work, > I have it running off the feul bowl with the bottom water outlet > plugged to at least flood the barel for cooling. It fires once in > about 22 to 24 revoluotions so you don't ned to top up the feul bowl > to often. Just goe's to show you never know when your luck pirks up.> > cheers, Russell> Russell Gilbert> Sunny Sunraysia> russell at ncable.com.au> http://community.webshots.com/user/russellsrelics> > _______________________________________________> SEL mailing list> SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com> http://www.stationary-engine.com/mailman/listinfo/sel
Your Future Starts Here. Dream it? Then be it! Find it at www.seek.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Ask%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_Future&_m=EXT