[SEL] right place right time

Russell Gilbert russell at ncable.com.au
Thu Mar 6 02:52:05 PST 2008

Went to the Ballarat swap a couple of weeks ago. No big plans to
purchase anything but rather enjoy the socail side of meeting and
chatting to likeminded engine men. A mate of mine asked if I could
drive him to a small town about a hour away from Ballarat to pick up
some tractor parts he was after. An interesting long story made short
was I asked the tractor guy if he had any engines for sale and before
you know it I have purcahsed  6.5hp Walker Star engine No815. I
couldn't believe my ears when he said he had no interest 9n the
engine and if I wanted it it was XXXDollars. I reasonable price for
sure. These are a girder frame engine and run very well. This old
girl looked to be in pretty good nick but deffinately needing some
tinkering. Well got it home and the word was out quick, a mate came
around and talked me into working on it. Well the two of us spent
about 3 hours Saturday last and bugger me if we did'nt get it running
that day. I don't have photos up yet. It still needs plenty of work,
I have it running off the feul bowl with the bottom water outlet
plugged to at least flood the barel for cooling. It fires once in
about 22 to 24 revoluotions so you don't ned to top up the feul bowl
to often. Just goe's to show you never know when your luck pirks up.

cheers, Russell
Russell Gilbert
Sunny Sunraysia
russell at ncable.com.au