[SEL] Ignitor question

R & M Ingold randmingold at hotkey.net.au
Sun Jun 29 19:43:52 PDT 2008

If you use the primary windings of a car coil, 12v battery, Bat- to earth, +
to the coil, to igniter,igniter, and the engine fires up ok, then you have a
weak LT mag/generator.(Disconnect the mag lead from the igniter first).
Most times, in my experience, this is the reason for not running.
A carbon bridge to earth, over the insulating Mica, is another
Common trouble.
Easy to check an igniter outside the engine with the battery,coil setup too.
Reg & Marg Ingold.
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
randmingold at hotkey.net.au
http://www.oldengine.org/members/randmingold