[SEL] O.T. Massey Harris hand pump/Bentall grinder

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Jun 28 08:40:04 PDT 2008

Hi All,
         Apologies for the Off Topic but you all know that I swear by the
knowledge available on these lists.

         I'm making wooden bases for a Massey Harris hand operated Well
pump and a Bentall No.2 hand corn grinder and had just applied the last
coat of varnish when I decided to do a bit of signwriting on them.

         Just the name and a short description of each unit including
approximate years of manufacture of the 2 units. I do not want to try to
date them exactly - just put in something to the effect that "these were
manufactured between the years 19?? and 19??"

         This is where you guys come in! Can anyone give me some ideas of
the manufacturing timespan (approximate is fine) that these units were
produced??

Some pics here:
<www.oldengine.org/members/evans/pump/index.htm>

         Thanks in advance - speedy replies will really be appreciated
because I will then be able to finish them tonight (it's 5:25pm here)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
www.oldengine.org/members/evans/plates/index.htm