[SEL] Ozzie help needed

craig morrison benzengines at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 25 14:47:01 PDT 2008

Hi Guys,
    I am trying to trace the owner of an engine that was pictured in the TOMM in dec 1999 / jan 2000 at the Lake Goldsmith rally, it is an engine named " The Angus ".
    As far as I know apart from this one the only other survivor is awaiting restoration in my shop, but this is where my problems start as the one down under appears to be in running order mine is not. The parts that I would need to complete this project are a fuel mixer and a complete governor system (either hit  & miss or throttle ?? ).
    Any help on this would be very much appreciated as so far this project has been on the go for the last 6 years on and off and I would like to get it finished but am unsure which way to proceed, I have had many suggestions from knowledgeable people on this side of the pond many contradicting the previous persons thought.
     The engine that I have has a nice brass makers tag on it but upon tracing the company history , which is available at a museum there is absolutely no mention of this type of engine at all. So after many numerous hours of research I have come to the conclusion the engine was made by another local maker and the sold through the company on the plate

    Thanks in advance for any help at all on this project,
    Craig in Scotland