[SEL] SEL working

Tod Engine Foundation rowlands1941 at roadrunner.com
Sun Jun 22 06:11:20 PDT 2008

I usually try to visit Coolsprings at least for one day each year, but
couldn't make it this year.  The Tod Engine project was given the use of a
20,000 lb. forklift to use for the summer and I've been spending all my time
getting it running. It needed a new carburetor and it took quite a while to
find a plain old single barrel to put on it.  We had to make up an adapter
for it, then had to put a new exhaust on.  I had some 2" sweeping conduit
elbows and pipe fittings and fashioned the exhaust out of that.  It will
take 100 years for that exhaust to rot away!

This forklift has a 20' reach, the highest I've ever seen a forklift go!
Finally did get it running last night, and we just had to drive it around
the block.  It was raining and when that high mast hit some tree branches
all the water came down on our heads. :-)

It will be a great help in erecting our new enginehouse building over the
summer.

Rick Rowlands
Executive Director
Tod Engine Foundation
"Preserving Youngstown's Steel Industry Heritage"
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-272-4089
www.todengine.org