[SEL] A topic for discussion.......How to promote a show.

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Tue Jun 17 16:07:16 PDT 2008

Jerry:

It looks like your club has the best arrangement going.  Thanks for relating it to us.

Personally, I like to go to shows where there is no admission charge for exhibitors and I am made to feel welcome.  At the few shows I've exhibited at that charged exhibitors, the charge wasn't an admission charge but was a membership fee to the sponsoring club.  The reason for this was said to be to make sure all exhibitors were insured under the club's policy.  Makes sense to me and I usually join the sponsoring club for at least one year just to let them know I appreciate their work in putting on the show.

I've gone to shows where I just didn't feel very welcome and didn't have fun.  I don't complain, I just do my thing and don't return.  After all, the show's their game, not mine.  If asked my opinion, I will politely tell them.  Sometimes it does good.

Anyhoo - I don't go to that many shows so I have to be selective and I DO appreciate the effort that goes into putting one on.

Take care - Elden