[SEL] Junkers HK65 Twin Cylinder 1936

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:44:47 PDT 2008

On 22/05/2008, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Out of the blue, an old engine contact emailed me the other day,
> asking if I knew anyone that would be interested in an old Junkers
> engine, or maybe I would?

Drove up to Newark, Nottinghamshire this afternoon to collect the
engine and the assortment of bits that came with it, including the
marine hand starting gear and a number of parts from a second engine
that was scrapped.

Apparently both engines were found in a ditch, the vendor had photo's
of them both as found, which I have asked him to copy for me.

The engines were from a ship's tender, the ship being the Monte Rosa,
a repair ship for the Tirpitz at one time.

http://www.feldgrau.com/hs-monterosa.html

If you look up her later name 'Empire Windrush' she brought the first
load of immigrants from Jamaica to the UK in 1948.

We also brought back a lot of photocopied sales information for CLM
(Compagnie Lilloise de Moteurs) who produced these engines under
licence.

I'll get the camera clicking tomorrow.

Peter
--