[SEL] Don Miller - email addy please

Michael Young michael.y at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jul 29 02:00:04 PDT 2008

Hi Tommy,

it is a gearless and could be a 12hp as it has a 7" bore like the Olds at
Coolsprings, but not 100% sure as the tag is missing.  It has 48" flywheels.
I have got a lot of measurements off the Coolsprings engine from an Olds
collector who I have forgotten the name of.  He has lots of Olds and I'm
sure I'll remember his name the second I press the send button.  I rang Don
a year or more ago and asking him to make up an ignitor for the engine for a
3" bolt spacing, so maybe when it is made it will be copy of your ignitor!
I am making most of the missing parts myself but the ignitor seemed
important enough to get an expert to do.  Getting the bloody engine apart
has been the hardset job - the flywheels have to come off to get the crank
ground. When I got the keys out I thought the battle was won, but they are
still putting up a fight.

Anyway thanks for the offer of help,  I'll keep you posted. If I break the
flywheels getting them off you'll hear me scream from 12,000 mile away!

Mike Young