[SEL] The Homebrew Engine/Stover DV-2

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Tue Jul 22 07:05:20 PDT 2008

Bill & Tom:

You are right in that the little Stover DV-2 engines are smooth running.  The balance is surprisingly good.

My only comment is that the one I restored had to ber spun a bit to get it started and it never was really happy running at no load (governor hunted and mixture acted a little lean).

Under any load, though and they purr like a kitten.  With the Leland generator, the engine is set to run at 1,800 RPM and it seems really happy at that speed.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand