[SEL] The Homebrew Engine

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Mon Jul 21 07:31:48 PDT 2008

Dave, Paul, Bill, Kerry and everybody else:

Thank all of you and others for your kind comments.  This was the first time I've ever tackled machine work of this complexity and my first small engine.  I don't know if I'll do it again.  It was a LOT of work!

If I do another, it could be a small Diesel on the same pattern.

Anyway, I sat up in bed last night as it finally dawned on me why I did it.  I've always wanted a sideshaft engine but I'm too cheap!   :-)

After I get the shop cleaned up, I'm thinking of adding bob weights on the crankshaft to help the balance a little.  I'll also enlarge the base so it is a bit more stable when it's running.  I'll try to update the web page occasionally.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand