[SEL] Power Station Switchboard Saved

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 01:48:42 PDT 2008

On 17/07/2008, Listerdiesel <listerdiesel at gmail.com> wrote:

There is also a motor-generator set that was associated with the
switchboard, we are trying to get that for the Anson Museum as well.
It goes about 2 tons, made by GEC and had an output of 130V at 130A
20kW DC from 415V 3-phase input.

It was fitted to charge the station's main tripping batteries in the
event of a charger failure.

The new charger is a dual unit with two chargers in a common case,
everything duplicated.

I'll get the pictures sorted tonight, we took a dozen or so.

One of the big water turbines was out of service while we were there,
the alternator exciter stator was out of the housing for repair, I
have a couple of pictures of that as well.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com