[SEL] Another Onan W3S Joins the Collection

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 23:57:07 PDT 2008

Sad to benefit from the illness of someone else, but we were recently
gifted a pair of generators following the serious illness of the
owner. The family were looking for a new home for them and our name
was put forward by Harry Matthews, who the family contacted for help.

We have agreed with them to take the sets on long-term loan, and
should we have to dispose of them, the sale proceeds will go to Polio
Research.

We picked them up last week, have got some quick pictures at:

http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/Onan/DSC02141.jpg
through to
http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk/Onan/DSC02146.jpg

It is different from our other Onan, in having coil ignition, the
earlier breather and oil level indicator etc etc. We reckon it is an
August 1942 unit.

A smaller and more modern MAG (Swiss company) genny set also came with
the Onan, that fired up as soon as we put fresh petrol in the tank,
the Onan will need rather more work.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes