[SEL] Old plumbing

Edd Payne edsengns at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 11 23:38:22 PDT 2008

Hi Tommy.British standard pipe BSP is imperial not metric.In most sizes
there is half a thread per inch different to NPT and the thread angle is 55
degrees not 60 as in NPT.It is measured nominal pipe size same as NPT. Here
in OZ we still use BSP .And it is still in inches but shops now give a
metric equivalent just to confuse the matter even more.
EDD PAYNE
PO Box 364 Gulgong N.S.W
Australia
2852