[SEL] New engines!

Best, George George_Best at adp.com
Wed Jul 2 08:21:36 PDT 2008

Last Friday I went to the auction at Moses Lake Washington.  I had
picked out a few engines that I wanted to try for prior to the auction
and was lucky enough to come home with two of them.

The first engine I got was a unknown engine.  Actually, it still is
unknown!  It is a 2 cycle engine, but not the mixed fuel type.  Guessing
it is a 3 or 4hp engine, but have no way of really knowing until it has
been identified.  I posted several pictures of it on Smokstak, but
haven't had a single response.  I'm pretty sure it would run if I had a
usable buzz coil and got the engine fueled, oiled, and secured.

The second engine I got is a 3hp Gade.  I had to pass on bidding on a
few other engines to save my money for a try at the Gade.  One of the
bad things of limited resources and one of the engines you really want
being at the end of the auction.

Other than the paint job currently on the Gade I'm quite happy with it
and had it running the day after the auction.  Really didn't need
anything except some fresh gas and to clean out the fuel line.  Oh....
it also needed much lighter governor springs as it ran way too fast the
first time I started it up.  Also put a muffler on it from one of my
other engines.  That ported exhaust was a bit loud!

Does anyone know if someone sells reproduction or original mufflers for
Gade engine?

George