[SEL] Unfinished projects

Ken Erman Ken.Erman at mastercam.com
Tue Jan 29 10:51:44 PST 2008

I have had an early Fairbanks Eclipse in pieces for the last 6 years.  I was in the process of putting it back together when I decided to move.

It seems our 13 year old house with a 2 car garage on ½ acre didn't have enough room for me to have a shop and park cars in the garage. (which I consider a necessity during the winter in Connecticut)

So we looked and looked for something with a better lot where I could have a shop. We considered building new, but housing prices in our area are way too high for me to think about building and retiring in 15 years.  I found the perfect place! Closer to work, a nice flat acre with lots of trees and a barn.  But the house was started in 1770, and isn't quite finished yet, the barn is ~120 years old and needs some shoring up.  So for the last few years all I've done is work on the house to get it finished so I can then start on the barn, so I can then get back to my engine. Oh yea, in the meantime I started doing a little blacksmithing just for fun as well.

That doesn't count the rest of the engines I haven't even started yet.

Ken Erman

Windsor, CT.

the system manager.

CNC Software, Inc.