[SEL] Didn't want to sell

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Thu Jan 24 19:45:49 PST 2008

My wife and I left a bible study and drove down a back road we had
never been on before.  We passed a piece of land so beautiful we
stopped and stared.  I remembered my dad saying a realtor told him
1/3 of all homes and land are for sale if you just ask. My wife
thought I had lost it but I wrote down the name on the posted sign
and looked it up in the phone book.  A woman answered, and when I
asked for the man she asked why.  I told her that I saw the land and
thought I would check to see if it might be for sale.  There was a
long pause and she said The owner was my husband, he died
yesterday.  I apologized and told her I had no idea but given the
circumstances I was sorry I called and said goodbye.  She asked if I
would like to leave my name and I said no, I was out of line and
would just go away.  She said it was clear I didn't know and go ahead
and leave my name.  A few weeks later we settled on a price and made
a private deal and I bought it.  The following spring I was mowing
the lawn and a man stopped and asked me who I was, I told him and he
asked why I was mowing THIS lawn. I told him because it was mine and
it needed it.  He said I called that man every spring and offered to
buy this land and he said he would never sell it as long as he was
alive. I replied He died

We live there now.

  Frank DeWitt

  Light plant WEB page
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank>http://www.oldengine.org/members/<http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank>frank
  Mechanical Design      mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
  LBP  INC.              Phone:  585 624 3052
  2365 Cox Rd.           Fax     585 624 1038
  Bloomfield NY 14469    Web   http://www.lbpinc.com