[SEL] Campbell pic's are up

john palmer ottoslidevalve at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 08:48:33 PST 2008

Hi Russell,Nice engine,top English workmanship.I would not Hone the bore untill you see if new rings are needed!Clean it as gently as poss,free the rings and let the rings bed in and find any original seating.I would not under any cercunstances remove the rings until you have tried them back in the bore and seen what compression you have.You might be surprised! I am probably telling my granny how to suck eggs.   John.> Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 22:18:40 +1100> To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com> From: russell at ncable.com.au> Subject: [SEL] Campbell pic's are up> > There is a number of you guys watching the progress on my Campbell. > Well I've just got to placing the lastest progress pics up on > webshots if you are interested. Them who aint can please emselves :-)> > The boar has/had some scale/rust up the front section which has > cleaned out pretty well. My hoan is a little to small for this boar > to really give it a good clean so need to wait on borrowing a bigger > one. I gave it a light clean with mine but have also had the angle > grinder (portable mill) with a wire brush attached up the boar also. > This has done a real good job but still needs hoaning to properly > tell what it's like. All bearings look good as do bear journal areas. > Has a couple of broken teeth to fix on the timming gears (Bugger!) > but other than that the gears look to have had very little ware on them.> cheers, Russell> Russell Gilbert> Sunny Sunraysia> russell at ncable.com.au> http://community.webshots.com/user/russellsrelics> > _______________________________________________> SEL mailing list> SEL at lists.stationary-engine.com> http://www.stationary-engine.com/mailman/listinfo/sel