[SEL] OT Willys Overland project.

Elden DuRand edurand at mchsi.com
Tue Jan 15 17:57:05 PST 2008

Orrin:

When I did the Chevy, I thought about building repro rods with Diesels in 'em but was discouraged when someone told me that, if I built over something like ten of them a year, the Guvmint would come down on me, HARD.  Something having to do with highway safety, clean air and all that other Mickey Mouse stuff.

It's prolly good that I didn't do it.  I woulda made a gazillion dollars and been richer'n even the Evil One and would not have discovered S.E.L.  Either that or I woulda ended up in jail for trying to be smarter than a politician.

Take care - Elden
http://www.oldengine.org/members/durand

/chevy.html

If they're still in production, I'd heartily recommend the Perkins 4.154 (4
cylinder 154 cubic inches) engine for any vehicle about the weight of the
'ol Chevy.  Perkins also made an engine for reefers.  That one was the 4.108
(4-cylinder 108 cubic inches).  I met a guy who put one in a Valiant and he
said it was a little underpowered.

Take care - Elden