[SEL] OT Willys Overland project.

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Mon Jan 14 14:26:23 PST 2008

Several on the list know engines are on hold for a while in our house as
a new project is underway. Son Devin will be driving in a couple of
years and we picked out a vehicle to restore for him. Something
requiring sweat equity, something kewl, and something not very fast....a
61' Willys Overland wagon. My granddad had one in the groves in Florida
and I've always had a soft spot for them. Devin fell head over heals for
them. He really liked the pickup version but was too tall to fit in it.
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/Willys%20Overland/P1010014.html>

The factory did little for rust prevention and this makes for a lot of
work nearly 50 years later. Here are the back cab repairs.
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/WillyOverlandRestoration/Cab%20repairs/Thumbnails.html>

And the tailgate repairs.
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/WillyOverlandRestoration/TailgateRepairs/Thumbnails.html>

A LONG way to go yet, but making progress. We redid the brakes, got it
running, and drive it around a little. Thought you might enjoy the update.
Curt Holland