[SEL] scary... you can still buy asbestos...

Mark Shulaw frappi at wcoil.com
Mon Jan 14 07:10:11 PST 2008

Hi Paul,
  I don't see a scary problem with the use of Asbestos. Now that we know
what the problem is and what it does to the Lung we can figure out ways to
manufacture and utilize it safely. We do it with any product thats unsafe
for human contact in an improper way. If the Chinese has done this yet who
knows, but we can if we want to. Some uses for asbestos might have to be
eliminated or the way its used modified so it does not cause a problem but
it can be used safely.  Untold millions or billions have been around it
thru the centuries and extremely few have been troubled by it, so it would
not be too difficult to make changes to a known superior product in many
uses to make it safe overall.  AnyThing improperly used will cause harm or
worse.

                                        TTYL,  Mark

At 03:02 AM 1/14/08, you wrote:
>I just got sent an email from a Chinese company (not a scam, they're
>real) with a catalog of gasket products. One of the products is asbestos
>sheet and cut asbestos gaskets. I guess when their legal system catches
>up to ours they'll stop using it too!
>
>Regards
>Paul

Mark & Christine Shulaw
454 Co. Rd. 33
Bluffton, OH. 45817  USA            Email: Frappi at wcoil.com

Your one stop on line source for Maytag Multi-Motor parts.
Parts lists available on request.

Weekdays & Saturday 10 AM to 9 PM Eastern Time 419.358.5206
No Sunday calls if possible.
I am not an employee or licensed dealer for Maytag Corp. Nor do I represent
them in any way shape or form. I am only a Collector, Preservationist and
hobby dealer of Maytag manufactured items of old.   Mark